Note: I posted this last night, but no matter what I do I can't find it on tayclassic. I check when logged in, when logged out, on Chrome, on Internet Explorer, nothing worked. However some people have seen it and have commented on the post so it's somewhere. Anyway I'm re-posting this here because I want to make sure it actually got to where I intended it to go.
UPDATE: I have read quite a few of the comments. Not all of them though, there were WAY more than I ever expected. I figure I should update the analysis to include some of the info gathered from the comments. Also I'm clarifying some things I failed to tie in with the other trailers.
UPDATE 2: I don't listen to Kojima's podcasts so naturally if he confirmed something about the game I wouldn't know.
Surely by now if you have seen the Metal Gear Solid V 9 minute trailer right? If not watch it right up there. Already seen it? Watch it again, it's dramatically amazing and the song "Sins of the Father" is also amazing.
Anyway you may have noticed some things in the trailer. So have I and here I'd like to go over some of them because there is a treasure trove of info in the trailer.
WARNING! I do not claim to know anything about the game. So anything I say is merely speculation and not fact. Maybe some of the ideas presented here are right. Maybe they are wrong. Either way they technically are not spoilers so don't worry. Almost none of it is truly proven fact or full of game ruining potential. However if you feel like I might ruin something for you don't read this.
Also keep in mind I have played just about all of the Metal Gear games except for Rising and Peace Walker. So I am pretty sure I am not going to connect as many dots as I would have if I had played Peace Walker. UPDATE: I forgot that I haven't played Portable Ops, which I would love to play but I lack a working PSP. Also some people have mentioned that I haven't researched Peace Walker. I have researched some of the character and details about the plot. I knew that V taking place almost directly after would be important enough to research enough without spoiling it for me. And I am planning on playing Peace Walker sometime soon.
Back to the point, I am going to present all of the information I have in order of appearance in the trailer but I might have some back tracking involved.
(1) The woman being tortured here looks like Quiet, a character revealed later in the trailer (I told you there would be backtracking). (2) You can also see Ocelot in the scene (the boots are a dead give away). Why does Ocelot need to torture her?
(3)I'm going to bet these child soldiers are being trained for a war. Also I think they may be in Africa.
Every night I can feel my leg, and my arm. Even my fingers. The body I've lost. The comrades I've lost won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too don't you? I'm going to make them give back our past.
(4) Later on in the trailer you see that both Kazuhiro Miller and Big Boss have lost some limbs at some point. It sounds like he is talking about his phantom pain but it may be deeper than that. He may be talking about the loss of his life's potential past or his future. He still feels like he has a future or had a past but logically he knows he will never be able to get it back. So what he is talking about may be deeper than just a lost limb.
UPDATE: Some people in the comments have mentioned that the voice sounds like Kiefer Sutherland talking, but it can't be him since as far as we know Big Boss didn't lose a leg. this could be Kojima messing with us and trying to conceal something bigger about the cast. Or maybe our hearing is terrible.
The child that has the package removed from his/her abdomen has several people there. (5) Other than Big Boss there is another child in the same yellow outfit. (6) The third person appears to be a soldier and can only be identified by the word MED (medic) on their chest.
UPDATE: Just about anybody who commented mentioned that the girl on the table is most likely Paz, and the boy is Chico.
(7) The package has a blinking light in it (a bomb or transmitter maybe?). (8) Also a peace sign on it, which would be ironic for a bomb. UPDATE: Removing a bomb with a peace symbol from a person named Paz (Spanish for peace) is definitely ironic.
(9) Here is Huey Emmerich, another character revealed later in the trailer. This guy I barely know due to not playing Peace Walker, however I know he is the father of Hal Emmerich. (10) Ocelot is torturing him. What is up with Ocelot and torturing people? I just had a flashback to Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2. (11) Also this is the same room as the room where Quiet is tortured. You can tell by the light over the door has the same pipe next to it, as well as the table is the same.
(12) The other man with Ocelot and Emmerich is probably Miller. It took me a while to realize the glasses were the give away. UPDATE: Some folks in the comments have huge speculation here from the comments about how this may be Campbell rather than Miller based on his looks. UPDATE 2: I forgot to mention he either has no right arm, or has a really flat arm.
(13) Here you can clearly see that Big Boss has a prosthetic hand.
"Let the legend come back to life!"
(14) Ocelot makes it sound like Big Boss hasn't been on the battlefield in a long time. To me it seems like this may be close to the beginning of The Phantom Pain. UPDATE: Or the beginning of the entire game. Not every story starts from the beginning.
(15) Miller might be blind! You can never really see his eyes in the rest of the trailer and he doesn't open them here. (16) Also you never see Big Boss talk, you can just hear it. (17) Another thing is that Miller also sounds like Kiefer Sutherland.
(18) Here is Quiet. Notice here pants and bikini top again. This is definitely the girl from the beginning of the trailer. (19) Also her eyes are surrounded by black marks that recedes towards her eyes as time passes in the trailer. UPDATE: A couple people have pointed out that she seems to have the same photosynthesis ability that The End from MGS3 had. She could be a relative to him.
Eli, the youth who curses his fate. (20) I'm going to just say this is Liquid Snake. Other people have commented on the video mentioning this and the evidence stacks up. Some people have also mentioned that in the Bible Eli and David were brothers of a cursed blood line. Solid Snake's real name is David. Solid and Liquid being David and Eli is just too much of a coincidence. Going on, both Solid and Liquid were born around 1972, sometime after Big Boss fell into a coma. The game supposedly takes place years after he is awakened. So if the game took place in 1982 like some people suggest Liquid and Solid would be about 10 years old. The evidence just adds up.
UPDATE: I don't know why I believe comments on Youtube videos, especially about the Bible. Apparently David and Eli weren't cursed. Don't believe everything you see at a passing glance on the internet, or I'd be a Nigerian millionaire by now. Also Eli has a red beret, typically used by the SAS (which Liquid Snake was in) and a snake in his lap.
UPDATE 2: LunarRoar mentioned that the 'snake' in his lap is actually a conch that was seen in a image showing off the FOX Engine.